Worth Noting

Register now

Two Promoted At Journal

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla.-SourceMedia, publisher of The Credit Union Journal, has announced several promotions. Frank J. Diekmann has been named publisher, in addition to duties as editor in Chief. Lisa Freeman has been named Managing Editor, and will be assuming a greater role in the editorial product. The company also announced that Tim O'Hara, who had been advertising director, has left the company.

PSCU-FS To Pay $23M Dividend

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla.-PSCU Financial Services said it will pay a 2005 dividend of nearly $23 million to its member-owner credit unions, the largest in its history. PSCU-FS had declared a regular dividend of $15.3-million, with 25% to be paid in cash and the remaining 75% placed in revolving funds. In addition, it is also paying a bonus dividend of $7.6 million, of which half will be paid in cash and half in revolving funds. PSCU Financial Services has paid out more than $130 million in patronage dividends since it became a cooperative in 1994. "This dividend reflects our ability to attract more than 1 million new accounts to our broad portfolio of products and services, while remaining extremely cost-conscious," said David J. Serlo, CEO of PSCU Financial Services.

Wynn To Keynote Meeting

LAS VEGAS-Steve Wynn, credited with driving much of the development of the Las Vegas strip, will be the keynote speaker at the opening session of CUNA Mutual Group's Discovery Conference 2006 - "Ideas. Inspiration. Innovation." The meeting is scheduled for June 21-24, at Wynn's newest resort, the Wynn Las Vegas.

For info: www.cunamutual.com.

Beal Named NAFCU's Treasurer (c) 2006 The Credit Union Journal and SourceMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved. http://www.cujournal.com http://www.sourcemedia.com

For reprint and licensing requests for this article, click here.