The nation's deposit insurer tries to stay clear of being the agency that closes a bank's doors. But working behind the scenes to guard its insurance fund, the FDIC is often significantly involved in the decision of when to fail an institution.
FDIC's Failure Role Larger Than It Likes to Admit
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter