The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau said Monday that it plans to notify banks or individuals that are under investigation for potential violations of consumer financial laws, to give them a chance to respond to the allegations before it takes legal action.
CFPB to Give Banks Advance Warning of Enforcement Actions
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app