The new rules on mortgage broker compensation are slated to start today, causing a flurry of 11th-hour debate. Lawrence Baxter, a Duke law professor and former Wachovia executive, gently chided American Banker for giving vent to so much grumbling in the reported coverage, and he vigorously defended the impending change.
Fingers Point Both Ways on Broker Blame
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
Grow and Attract the Digital GenerationSPONSOR CONTENT
This feature displays payments industry news and analysis from American Banker sibling brand PaymentsSource. Registration is required; for more information contact customer service.