The dust-up over Jim Freis' dismissal reflects a fundamental disagreement between Treasury and Fincen over the role the agency plays and just how independent it should be.
FAQ: Inside the Firing of Fincen's Director And How it Affects Banks
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app