The mortgage lender's program benefited numerous members of Congress, a handful of Capitol Hill staffers and then-HUD Secretary Alphonso Jackson, according to a report from the House Oversight Committee.
Countrywide Built Web of Influence Through VIP Program
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter