The Federal Housing Finance Agency announced Friday that it has instructed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to raise the fees they charge lenders on loan guarantees in hopes of creating more private-sector competition in the secondary loan market.
Fannie, Freddie to Raise Fees in Effort to Encourage Competition
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues