About one in five consumers buying a credit score from a credit bureau receives a "meaningfully" different score than their lender would, according to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Credit Score Discrepancies Could Harm Consumers, CFPB Says
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter