Until regulators are made more independent of the bankers they supervise, all the lawsuits and campaign promises in the world won't fix the financial system, says Neil Barofsky, former special inspector general of Tarp.
Big Banks' Hold on Regulators Must Be Broken: Barofsky
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues