Dozens of community banks may freeze their pension plans over the next several years, as they seek to cut costs and limit their potential liabilities. One that did so is Rockville Financial, whose CEO says it could no longer justify to shareholders the expense of a pension.
Pension Cuts Loom at More Small Banks
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter