A bill that would exempt homeowners from having to pay taxes on principal reductions and other forms of debt cancellation will expire at the end of the year if Congress doesn't pass an extension.
Mortgage Forgiveness Bill May Expire Unless Congress Acts in Lame Duck
NOV 21, 2012 12:52pm ET
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
No credit card needed
All subscription content plus:
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues
Have an account?
SIGN IN HERE