Reps. Barney Frank and Mike Capuano have introduced a new bill to combine the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, calling the existence of the two separate agencies a "structural defect."
Frank, Capuano Unveil Bill to Merge SEC, CFTC
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app