Most of the costs were either previously reserved for or will be incurred over several years. Among the five banks that settled, only Citi had to take a charge.
Banks Already Took Their Lumps on Servicing Settlement
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app