The consumer bureau's student-loan ombudsman told bankers this week that problems facing the sector could have long-lasting effects on the economy for years to come.
Student Lending Market 'Too Big to Fail': CFPB Official
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues