Some lenders say the change will curtail abuses by consumers who try to hide debts. Others fear FHA's new guidelines will constrain credit just when the housing market needs it.
FHA Restricts Mortgages for Consumers with Dinged Credit
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues