The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau issued a stark warning Wednesday to banks and other firms that exchange information with consumer reporting agencies, saying such companies will be heavily scrutinized for how they resolve customer disputes.
CFPB Puts Consumer Data Suppliers in Crosshairs
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app