The Federal Housing Administration's share of the mortgage market continued to drop in 2012, falling to 27% of first-lien mortgages after years of representing more than 30% of originations, according to data released Wednesday by federal regulators.
FHA Market Share Continues to Shrink, Regulators Say
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter