Tougher on banks than on debt buyers, the FTC found banks and other creditors bear responsibility for selling consumer debts with scant documentation. Possibly erroneous records are a "significant" concern.
FTC Blames Banks for Faulty Debt Collection Docs
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues