Under a rule released Tuesday, the CFPB will begin examining any nonbank servicer that handles more than one million student loan borrowers — a category that currently includes seven firms and accounts for 70% of the market.
CFPB Tightens Supervision of Student Loan Servicers
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app