Overaggressive growth, reliance on commercial real estate lending and use of brokered deposits were strategies common to banks that failed in the crisis, a government report said Thursday.
Overheated Growth, CRE Lending Blamed For Failure Wave: GAO
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues