Sens. Sherrod Brown, a liberal from Ohio, and David Vitter, a conservative from Louisiana, are an unlikely pair. But they have forged a working alliance and are committed to raising capital requirements on the biggest banks and reducing their size.
Senate's Odd Couple Takes on 'Too Big to Fail'
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter