Rep. Keith Ellison's bill would cap the deduction at the first $500,000 of a home loan and use the anticipated savings to invest in low- and moderate-income housing not reduce the federal deficit.
Minnesota Lawmaker Wants Revamp of Mortgage Interest Deduction
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter