The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency's has decided that trust-only banks must first get FDIC insurance, a move that may drive greater interest in state trust charters and subject some parties to a federal freeze on nonfinancial firms owning limited-purpose banks.
OCC Quietly Ends Exemptions for Trust Banks
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter