Rep. Mel Watt will likely face an uphill battle to win confirmation as director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency, but nominating him has other advantages in the debate over long term mortgage policy.
How Watt's FHFA Nomination Helps Obama in Housing Debate
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app