The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.'s first-quarter report on bank earnings said the ratio of loan-loss reserves to noncurrent loans rose for the sixth straight quarter, but some doubt the reserve "coverage ratio" is rebounding fast enough.
Why Better Loan-Loss Coverage Masks a Hidden Danger
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter