Some regional and large community banks are retaining more mortgages for investment because better-than-average deposit growth has given them extra cash they need to deploy. However, they are selective about which mortgages they keep.
Midsize Banks Hold More Mortgages Despite Rate Risk
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app