A down payment remains a high hurdle for consumers seeking mortgages. Lowering this hurdle increasingly seems in line with industry and regulatory goals-assuming borrowers don't default. There's the rub.
Why Mortgage Down Payment Requirement Is So Hard to Relax
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app