A bank subsidiary should be able to claim tax refunds resulting from the institution's losses even if its tax returns are filed by the holding company, the federal bank regulators said in guidance issued Friday.
Parent Firms Must Cede Tax Refunds Owed to Bank Subs: Agencies
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter