Irene Dorner did a lot to turn around HSBC's troubled U.S. operations following violations of U.S. anti-money-laundering regulations that led to a record penalty, but successor Patrick Burke and a new U.S. compliance chief will have to pick up the recovery at its midpoint and finish the job.
HSBC's New U.S. Leaders Taking Over at a Crucial Moment
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues