BNP Paribas' record $8.9 billion penalty and criminal guilty plea could have reverberations industrywide, including emboldening the Justice Department to seek similar actions against domestic banks and causing international regulators to take retaliatory action.
Three Threats to U.S. Banks from BNP Paribas Fine
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter