The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is allowing lenders to skip "ability-to-repay" rule when transferring a loan to the kin of a deceased borrower or for other life events.
Heirs to Mortgages Excused from Underwriting, CFPB Says
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter