Federal and state authorities on Monday sought to rein in three companies accused of exploiting consumers struggling to pay off their debts.
Lawsuits Target Debt Collection 'Mill', Loan Forgiveness Scheme
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues