Regulatory constraints make it hard for banks to offer payday and other short-term loans, so why not refer those potential customers to credit unions who can? Some banks -- including Bank of America, TD and South State -- have decided this is a good strategy and helped start a credit union in South Carolina to do the job.
B of A and Other Banks Back Credit Union to Solve Payday Problem
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app