United Bankshares, in Charleston, W. Va., reported an increase in second-quarter earnings, in part because of its acquisition of Virginia Commerce Bancorp in Arlington.
United Bankshares' Profit Up Nearly 50% on Acquisition Gains
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter