Programs to help underwater borrowers with second liens are languishing and the Treasury's authority to create and fund new ones under the Troubled Asset Relief Program expired several years ago.
Feds Lack Options to Help HELOC Borrowers as Resets Loom
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app