National Penn Bancshares in Allentown, Pa., dropped out of the auction Tuesday afternoon after U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge David Rice agreed to reopen bidding for First Mariner.
National Penn Drops Bid for First Mariner in Maryland
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues