City Holding in Charleston, W.Va., said Tuesday that it its first-quarter earnings rose 73% from the same period last year, to $13.8 million, as the company accelerated workouts of problem loans it inherited in two acquisitions.
City Holding's Profits Jump 73% as Problem Loans Dwindle
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter