The company will soon exceed $50 billion in assets, which will bring with it added scrutiny and possible pressure to lower its dividend. CEO Joseph Ficalora is hopeful that he can preserve a high dividend, even though regulators appear to have a preference for repurchase activity.
N.Y. Community, Nearing $50B Mark, Confronts Capital Conundrum
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports (including archive)
- Morning Scan Plus e‑newsletter
- Full access to 2016: The Candidates, the Issues