The government-sponsored enterprises just went a long way toward encouraging lenders to make more loans to borrowers with lower credit scores.
Fannie, Freddie Offer Lenders a 'Get Out of Putbacks, Free' Card
- Full access to banking's most comprehensive daily report
- Daily, weekly, and topic-based newsletters and alerts
- Award-winning analysis and insight, focused on bankers' key concerns
- Bimonthly industry research reports
- Morning Scan Plus (Premium e-newsletter)
- American Banker mobile app