Credit Unions In Their Communities
* iQ Credit Union, Vancouver, Wash., sponsored a free retirement fair.
* Missoula FCU, Missoula, Mont., taught 45 financial education seminars to more than 600 students.
* Woodstone CU, Federal Way, Wash., awarded Jim Patterson and Debbie Burrill for outstanding financial service.
* Northwest Corporate FCU, Portland, Ore., is the 2006 Supporter of the World Council of Credit Unions.
* Towpath Credit Union, Akron, Ohio, visited Garfield High School to teach students about financial education.
* America's Christian CU, Glendora, Calif., has partnered with KKLA radio station to provide a voice for the credit union on the "Frank Pastore Show."
* St. Mary's Bank, Manchester, N.H., granted more than $10 million in 2005 for low-income housing loans and charitable gifts.
* Army Aviation Center FCU, Daleville, Ala., earned three silver and one bronze Addy Awards for excellence in marketing and advertising.
* RCU, Eau Claire, Wis., received the Tier 1 Gold Achievement Award for Freddie Mac.
* Dover FCU, Dover AFB, Del., honored Sherry Rapp, Patricia Harrell, Stephanie Minner and Carol Scott for their quality of service.
* In Detroit, Mich., The MoneyKids savings program logo won first place for Michigan First CU at the Michigan Marketing Awards.
* Co-op Services Credit Union, Livonia, Mich., helped sponsor a 30-hour radiothon to help Michigan families keep their essential heat and lights on during the winter months.
* Kent Credit Union, Kent, Ohio, participated in an entrepeneurship program at Kent Roosevelt High School.
* Fiberglas FCU, Newark, Ohio, achieved a 5-star superior rating from Bauer Financial.
* American Airlines FCU, Fort Worth, Texas, is celebrating its 70th anniversary.
* North Jersey FCU, Totowa, N.J., participated in Recycle 4 Kids and collected printer cartridges, copier cartridges and cell phones to raise money for kids in need.
* WEOKIE Credit Union, Oklahoma City, Okla., launched a Spanish website.
* Pacific Service Credit Union, Walnut Creek, Calif., helped sponsor the 25th American Red Cross CPR Preparedness event.
* Members1st Federal Credit Union, Mechanicsburg, Penn., was selected by the Pennsylvania CU Association as the recipient of the Desjardin Youth Financial Literacy Award.
* Arizona FCU, Phoenix, helped sponsor the Make A Difference Serve-A-Thon, which cleaned up neighborhoods and renovated homes for low-income seniors.
* Northwest Community CU, Springfield, Ore., was named among the 100 Best Small Companies to work for by Oregon Business magazine.
* Golden 1 Credit Union, Sacramento, Calif., sponsored a family displaced by Hurricane Katrina.
* Family Trust Federal Credit Union, Rock Hill, S.C., hosted a Teen Checking Week.
* State Employees' CU, Raleigh, N.C., co-sponsored the Credit Union Cherry Blossom Run to benefit the Children's Miracle Network.
* Capital Credit Union, Kimberly, Wis., held a blood drive with the Community Blood Center.
* Langley Federal Credit Union, Newport News, Va., donated $1,500 to Langley Air Force Base Family Support Services.
* Eastern Financial Florida Credit Union, Miramar, Fla., is offering Spanish-speaking homebuyers bilingual mortgage documents and educational materials.
* Minnesota credit unions raised $13,350 for CULAC at the GAC in Washington, D.C.
Credit union professionals and volunteers visited with legislators at the Minnesota CU Network's Credit Union Day in St. Paul, Minn.
MidWest Financial CU, Ann Arbor, Mich., visited University of Michigan Hospital to distribute information and raise awareness of the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women campaign.
Lacamas Community CU, Camas, Wash., donated books to first graders at the Evergereen School District in celebration of Dr. Seuss's birthday.
E1 Financial CU, Monterey Park, Calif., donated more than $30,000 to a variety of charities in 2005.
SunCorp Corporate CU, Denver, Colo., assisted Habitat for Humanity on a housing project for people in need.
Commonwealth CU, Frankfort, Ky., donated hundreds of books to the Read Across American Program.
Redwood CU, Santa Rosa, Calif., was voted Best Credit Union in a readers' poll conducted by North Bay Biz magazine.
In Latham, N.Y., U.S. Rep. Peter T. King received the Legislator of the Year Award from the New York State Credit Union League.
PEOPLES Community CU, Hopkins, Minn., earned second place in the Dora Maxwell Social Responsibility Recognition program from the Minnesota CU Network.
First Service CU, Houston, Texas, honored Doerre Intermediate School Teacher Shannon Stole with a plaque and a $100 Visa gift card.
Maine Governor Baldacci welcomed representatives from 32 Maine credit unions at the State House in Augusta.
Through a collaborative effort of six local credit unions in Seattle, Wash., more than 7,000 teens learned about ID theft prevention, credit management and the importance of savings.