Forum CU Named Best At Lending Training
Forum Credit Union of Fishers, Ind., has been recognized with CUNA's top credit union award for training during the trade group's "Experience Learning Live" conference, which concluded last week in Seattle. The $636-million Forum earned for its overall training program the top "ELLy" award, which recognizes excellence in credit union staff training and development. The award was formerly known as the Keystone Awards.
Other awards went to:
* Award of Merit-South Carolina FCU, North Charleston, S.C.; for its Learning Center.
WOW! Award-New category; presented to the credit union with the best overall training curriculum and-or best training event, "recognizing training programs that energize, empower and excite participants:"
* First Place-Vandenberg FCU, Lompoc, Calif.
* Award of Merit-Community America Credit Union, Lenexa, Kan.
Training Champion Award-Acknowledges senior management for support of training staff:
* First Place-Robert Dargan and Senior Management Team, South Carolina FCU.
* Award of Merit-John Hirabayashi, Educational Community Credit Union, Everett, Wash.
Chi Phi Delta Award-Recognizes outstanding credit unions that have developed "institutes of higher learning" for credit unions (also known as "Credit Union Universities") to train staff in conjunction with CUNA's Center for Professional Development:"
* First Place-Natalia Rayzor and Training Department, Indiana University Credit Union, Bloomington, Ind.
* Award of Merit-Diane Nazarchyk, Alabama Telco Credit Union, Hoover, Ala.
eLearning Award-Honors credit union training personnel who have demonstrated positive enhancements through utilization of technology-based training at the credit union.
* First Place-Kelly Hall, South Carolina FCU.
* Award of Merit-US Federal Credit Union, Burnsville, Minn.
Standing Ovation Award-Acknowledges trainers for their intuitive "knack" for for facilitating a training program:
* First Place-Justine Denison-Spokane Teachers Credit Union, Liberty Lake, Wash.