Holiday Community Page
CUs Donate Food During Holidays
* American First Credit Union in La Habra, Calif., collected 700 food items for the Salvation Army and 90 gifts for families in need.
* First Northern Credit Union in Rockford, Ill., held a food drive for the Salvation Army.
* Mobiloil Federal Credit Union collected more than 4,000 lbs. of food and $6,000 for Meals-on-Wheels in Beaumont, Texas.
* Connecticut Credit Union Charitable Foundation, Wallingford, Conn., collected $45,000 worth of food items for the Connecticut Food Bank and Foodshare.
* Smart Financial CU collected food and cash for the Houston Food Bank.
CUs Collect Toys For Children
* Memphis Area Teachers' CU branches served as drop-off stations for the U.S. Marine Corp's Reserve Toys for Tots program.
* Santa visited River Valley CU, Miamisburg, Ohio, to support a toy drive for Hannah's Treasure Chest.
* Co-op Services CU, Livonia, Mich., collected toys at each of its branches in support of the USMC Toys for Tots Program.
* In California, Santa Barbara area credit unions donated 244 toys to Toys for Tots.
* Navy Federal Credit Union, Vienna, Va., was a corporate sponsor and collection site for the USMC Toys for Tots Program.
* Heritage FCU co-hosted a toy drive to benefit children on the north side of Madison, Wis.
* Community Trust CU, Gurnee, Ill., supported the USMC Toys for Tots program and the Salvation Army's Angel Tree programs.
CUs Spread The Christmas Spirit
* Family Savings FCU in Gadsden, Ala., adopted 14 families for Christmas and provided them with gifts and dinner.
* Advance Financial, Lake County, Ind., held its Annual Angel Tree Gift Drive.
* LA DOTD FCU, Baton Rouge, La., sponsored a holiday toy drive and collected funds to benefit Women Outreaching Women.
* Wescom Credit Union hosted children from an orphanage for a Christmas party that featured Santa Claus, a choir, and gifts.
* Mid-Atlantic FCU, Gaithersburg, Md., held a Wish List Drive for the pediatric patients of Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, and held a holiday party for its Cash Critter Club members.
* Kellogg Community FCU supported the Salvation Army Angel Tree Program.
* MECU of Baltimore donated toys for 100 Salvation Army Angels.
* T&C Federal Credit Union, Bloomfield Hills, Mich., participated in the Milford Christmas Parade, prepared 200 boxes of food donations for families in need, and was the corporate organizer for Holiday Extravaganza
* Langley FCU, Newport News, Va., had a holiday float in several Christmas parades.
* Cabrillo CU, San Diego, donated holiday gifts for students of Monarch School for homeless and at-risk kids.
*Point West CU, Portland, Ore., gave gifts to 104 children in need.
*TruWest CU, held a charity auction and raised $4,500 for Phoenix Children's Hospital.
* Hossier Credit Unions sold holiday cards to benefit patients at Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis.
* SSA Baltimore FCU sponsored a golf tournament and raised more than $1,300 to assist families in need with reservists stationed in war zones during the holiday season.
CUs Enjoy The Season Of Giving
* EECU employees sang carols and had Santa in their Fort Worth lobby.
* Freedom FCU, Bel Air, Md., made donations to the Aegis Empty Stocking Fund to benefit needy families during the holidays.