Seven Keys To The House
With money and taxes on your members' minds, the timing couldn't be better. Here are seven things you can do to aggressively market mortgage loans during this especially important time of year:
1. Educate members on the homeownership benefits at tax time with articles on your website and in your newsletters/statement stuffers.
2. Check the first time homebuyer programs you offer against those of your competitors. Do you have the best loan options for your members?
3. Offer an incentive to members who bring their rebate checks to the CU.
4. Hand-hold renters throughout the process.
5. Make sure your credit union is prepared to handle requests for vacation home and investment property loans.
6. Get good PR before and after all your promotions.
7. Market across all channels.