Update On Status Of Louisiana's Affected CUs
The Louisiana league had this update on credit unions affected by Hurricane Katrina, or making special offers to members affected by the storm:
* Louisiana Public Health Workers FCU, Metairie, is receiving assistance from Ascension CU, Gonzales.
* ASI FCU, Harahan, is operating its Ville Platte branch and will move to Baton Rouge. Members can cash personal checks up to $500 on ASI FCU accounts at area credit union service centers.
* Coastland FCU, Metairie, said members can use its Internet banking and bill pay service.
* Department of Correction CU, Baton Rouge, is offering low-interest loans to affected members and will defer payments up to 90 days for affected members.
* Greater New Orleans FCU, Metairie, is operating out of Neighbors FCU in Baton Rouge.
* Jefferson Parish School Board Employees CU, Harvey, restarted its Billpayer service on Sept. 8.
* Louisiana Central CU, Harahan, is able to handle ACH and debit card transactions and post direct deposit payrolls.
* Louisiana FCU, La Place, is working out of its Bell Terre branch and had restocked its ATMs with cash at presstime.
* LouP Employees CU, Gonzales, is open for business, but reported some difficulties with phone access.
* NODA FCU, New Orleans, is operating out of Acadian FCU, Lafayette.
* Pelican State CU, Baton Rouge, is assisting Jefferson Parish School Board ECU to set up temporary operations.
* RiverLand CU, New Orleans, is working with BRECO CU, Baton Rouge, because they both have Entergy as a sponsor company. BRECO CU will cash checks for their members from Entergy.
* SELH FCU, Mandeville, is working out of a hot site in Pine Bluff, Ark.
* Shell New Orleans FCU is working out of People's Trust CU, Houston.
* UNO FCU, New Orleans, is planning to move its operations to Shreveport.