Wis. Takes Several Steps on Financial Education
The Wisconsin league reported the state's credit unions will "redouble" efforts to educate youth on financial
Among the related efforts being cited by the league:
* Cathie Tierney, President of Community FCU in Appleton, is representing credit unions on the state's Financial Education Task
* The league is sponsoring the state's Institute on Financial Education, set for August 5-9 at Edgewood College in Madison. The
* Wisconsin credit unions are operating student-run branches within local schools in Appleton, Eau Claire, Kimberly, Manitowoc,
* Credit unions are making financial presentations to youth and offering youth savings programs and education.
* Credit unions will observe National Credit Union Youth Week April 14-20 to focus on how young people earn, spend, save and