ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Deluxe Corp., the leading U.S. manufacturer of checks and a processor of electronic payments, said it agreed to acquire 25% of Stockforms Ltd., which markets the computer forms and supplies of Pegasus Group PLC of Britain.

Deluxe said it would pay Pegasus, which currently owns all of Stockforms, $3.4 million in cash for the 25% interest. It would have an option to buy the remaining 75% between July 31, 1993, and Dec. 31, 1994.

"Our key objective for this joint venture is to gain experience in marketing forms in the U.K.," said Harold V. Haverty, chairman and chief executive officer of Deluxe.

Subscribe Now

Access to authoritative analysis and perspective and our data-driven report series.

14-Day Free Trial

No credit card required. Complete access to articles, breaking news and industry data.