Markley Leaves Millennium Board

Less than a week after stepping down as president and chief executive of Millennium Bankshares Inc., Carroll C. Markley, the Reston, Va., company's founder, has resigned from its board.

Processing Content

The $588 million-asset Millennium disclosed the resignation late Wednesday in a press release in which it also announced that it had added $4.5 million to its loan-loss reserves for the fourth quarter.

Millennium said it boosted reserves after uncovering additional problems in the mortgage unit it shuttered late last year. As a result, the company's fourth-quarter loss widened to $3.1 million; it had previously reported a loss of $200,000.

For the full year, Millennium initially reported a profit of $2.5 million but now says that it lost $481,000.

Mr. Markley, who founded Millennium in 1999, resigned as its chairman last year and stepped down as its president and CEO on March 31.

He was supposed to remain a director for another year but resigned April 6.

Richard I. Linhart, who will succeed Mr. Markley as the president and CEO, is expected to join the company in July.


For reprint and licensing requests for this article, click here.
Community banking
MORE FROM AMERICAN BANKER
Load More