MasterCard Expands Training Program
MasterCard University doesn't offer an MBA, but it does offer good training for employees in your credit card operations.
MasterCard International, which has long provided workshops for its members, has repackaged its courses under the MasterCard University umbrella. The new organization of the curriculum was a response to feedback from bank members that requested workshops to improve profitability and keep employees up to date.
"The MasterCard University seminars [reflect] a fast-changing and increasingly competitive environment," said Susan Burke, vice president of MasterCard University.
Subjects covered are:
* Effective direct-mail techniques to attract new cardholders.
* Customer retention methods.
* How to reduce credit losses.
* How to handle customers' bankruptcies.
* Risk management.
* Understanding the merchant marketplace.
* Overview of the credit card market for new employees.
* Increasing profit by increasing customer satisfaction.
Visa U.S.A. also offers courses.