NEWPORT NEWS, Va. -- Newport News Savings Bank said it has recovered $960,000 on a construction loan previously charged off.

The recovery on the loan, to a waterfront project in Webster, Tex., resulted from settlement of a lawsuit. Newport News, which has about $350 million in assets, said it applied the funds to its reserve for losses, bringing the total to $9.14 million.

Limited Time Offer

Save $400 off your subscription. Special offer ends April 30, 2017.

14-Day Free Trial

No credit card required. Complete access to articles, breaking news and industry data.