Tom Michaud, the president and CEO of Keefe, Bruyette & Woods, a top matchmaker for bank mergers, explains why large banks will soon return to dealmaking after a long absence. He also discusses the case for starting a new bank in today's environment, the enduring value of retail branches, and more.
- Will stress test triumphs usher in new era of M&A?
- Human touch, shmuman touch: Consumers love direct banks
- Digital Banker of the Year: B of A's Michelle Moore (mentions the bank's 25% digital sales goal)
- Dimon, Buffett say earnings guidance only leads to trouble
- BB&T's King backs Dimon's call to scrap earnings guidance
- Community banker leaves sons a tech legacy, not legacy tech
- Preparing for an acquisition: Steps to help seal the deal (2012)